Jobs from Waste
A special issue produced in partnership with
The Zero Waste NZ Trust
... download a pdf file (279kb) of The Jobs Letter special issue ...
- Zero Waste NZ Trust, P.O.Box 33-1695, Takapuna, Auckland phone 09-486-0734 email firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.zerowaste.co.nz.
- "Survey of Recycling Businesses in the Auckland Region" (1998) by Waste Not Limited (specialist waste consultancy) P.O.Box 33-1410, Takapuna, Auckland phone 09-486-3635 email: email@example.com
- The NZ Recovered Materials Enterprise Fund, P.O.Box 33-1410, Takapuna, Auckland phone 09-486-0750
Annual report of The Tindall Foundation, available from P.O.Box 33-181, Takapuna, Auckland phone 09-488-0170
- "Greenworks" special issue of Employment Matters (August 1999) a Community Employment Group publication, freely available through offices of Work and Income NZ (Winz).
- This paper by Warren Snow Cliff Colquhoun is available in pdf format.
"Recyclanomics" (1.4mb) by Cliff Colquhoun and Warren Snow (1995)
- "Re-Inventing Waste: Towards a London Waste Strategy" (August 1998) by Robin Murray for Ecologika and the London Planning Advisory Committee (LPAC). For more information and ordering http://www.lpac.gov.uk/reinvent.html
- "Zero Waste: Idealistic Dream or Realistic Goal?" video (1999) dir. Paul Gonnett co-produced by the Grassroots Recycling Network, and based on the June 1999 California Resource Recovery Association Conference at Fort Mason, San Francisco. Grassroots Recycling Network website: www.grrn.org.
- "Welfare for Waste -how taxpayer subsidies waste resources and discourage recycling" by Grassroots Recycling Network. Website: www.grrn.org
- California Resource Recovery Association website www.crra.com
- "Creating wealth from waste" (1999) by Robin Murray, for the Demos independent think tank in London. Demos website: www.demos.co.uk.
- "Redeeming the Blue Box - complaints that recycling is too expensive just don't add up" by Daniel Scott, article in Alternatives Journal 25:4 Fall 1999
- "Manufacturing with Reused and recycled Materials - Fifty Small Business Opportunities" (December 1998) published by the Materials for the Future Foundation.
- "What is recycling-based community economic development? " by the Materials for the Future Foundation. available on their website: www.materials4future.org.
- "The Waste Paper" (monthly periodical) Bulletin of the Community Recycling Network, 10-12 Picton St, Montpelier, Bristol BS6 5QA. Website: www.crn.org.uk
- Creating the Next Industrial Revolution
by Paul Hawken, Amory B. Lovins and L. Hunter Lovins
(pub 1999 by Little Brown & Company)
available from Amazon.com
There is also a Natural Capitalism website at http://www.natcap.org where you can download chapters of this book (in pdf format).
A radio interview with Paul Hawken about Natural Capitalism is available (Real Player format) on the internet at http://www.greenwaveradio.com/ram/Hawken1.ram, and Hawken2.ram
Tax Waste, Not Work
- How changing what we tax can lead to a stronger economy and a cleaner environment
by M.Jeff Hamond and others
foreword by Paul Krugman
(pub April 1997 by Redefining Progress)
order from website www.rprogress.org
A summary of this monograph is available as a document (in pdf format) from http://www.rprogress.org/pubs/pdf/TaxWaste_sum.pdf
Top of Page
The Jobs Letter Home Page |
The Website Home Page
The Jobs Research Trust -- a not-for-profit Charitable Trust
constituted in 1994
We publish The Jobs Letter